Day 43 Completed

I finished day 43. Lots of new stuff here. I was able to make my own shapes with the InsettableShape protocol and I played around with drawing things on the screen; specifically, parallelograms. Having said that, if I ever try to implement this stuff in any of my apps, I’m going to need to heavily rely on my notes, because there’s more here than I’ll remember. At least for the moment, it all makes sense.

Originally posted on Jan 30, 2022 on hackingwithswift.com

Day 41 Completed – This time for real

I finished day 41. This one was tough. Dictionaries are not something I’ve worked with before and comprehending what was going on was not easy. It probably took me 10 days total to get through days 39-41; three the first time through, though the first time, I never made it all the way through, another four for my second attempt and another three for my last go at it. I think I understand it all now, though I may forget it by tomorrow.

Even with the work I did figuring out dictionaries here, I’m not sure where I’ll use them in my own projects.

The app looks really nice visually.

Originally posted on Jan 28, 2022 on hackingwithswift.com

Day 41 Completed – Not really

I finished day 41, sort of. I was able to follow along and get the code up and running. The app looks great and it’s cool. I am, however, totally lost again. There was way too much information for me to process in todays lesson. I don’t really understand large parts of the app and I’m feeling frustrated at this point. Feeling like I’ve hit another brick wall. This happened to me with the iExpense app, and I ended up going back to the beginning and starting the 100 days over again and eventually made it through that app, but here I am once again stuck with the next app. Not sure what I’m going to do at this point.

Originally posted on Jan 25, 2022 on hackingwithswift.com

At this point, I’m not even sure what questions to ask. I looked back at my notes and I understood the concepts from day 39 but I got lost in the app creation in days 40 and 41. I’m going to try and re-create the app working through those two days again one step at a time and see if it clicks or if I can come up with some more specific questions. Unfortunately, I got overwhelmed and frustrated and had to walk away from it. I went back to working on my own apps and implementing some of the things I’ve learned.

Basically, I fell into the trap of trying to do too much. Some of these days are going to require much more than a day for me to get through.

Originally posted on Jan 26, 2022 on hackingwithswift.com

Day 38 Completed

I finished day 38. Challenge 3 was the most difficult to date for me. I did manage to figure out a solution to all the challenges on my own. They weren’t nearly as elegant as Paul’s, but they worked properly.

I will probably spend another day or two looking at his solutions and trying to implement them in my own apps before moving on, as they introduce some new concepts I haven’t used or things I have used in ways I haven’t used them.

Conquering this day was an important step for me as this was where I crashed and burned during my first attempt through the 100 Days of SwiftUI.

Originally posted on Jan 21, 2022 on hackingwithswift.com

Day 36 Completed

I finished day 36. I decided to spend two days on it. There was quite a bit of material and I had a busy day yesterday.

This project was the one that tripped me up last time I tried to get through the 100 days and so far, I’m understanding everything much better. Hopefully, I’ll be able to complete the challenges for it coming up in the next few days.

Originally posted on Jan 19, 2022 on hackingwithswift.com